Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday means weekend options

I really hate when I cannot decide where I want to ride this weekend. Or even what bike. Should I ride the mountain bike for a few hours? Should I ride a road ride? Should I do the Silvana race? Should I sit on my ass and do nothing?

I was thinking about riding to Silvana and then doing the race and then riding home - that would be about 100 miles or so. But it is really flat. I cannot emphasize enough how flat that course is. Not really the kid of course I like. Not a real good strength building workout at all either. I will probably skip this unless one of my teammates talk me into it, but I don't think they are into this one either. Too bad the Gig Harbor race isn't closer, I did it the on year and really liked the course. And the Carnation Course is crap. I hate to bag on any of the courses around here, as we are losing races, or at least all the good races (Snohomish), so instead I'll just say I appreciate the fact that there is a road race option this weekend and skip it instead.

I really do not know many trails around here so I cannot just go and ride my mountain bike. Japanese Gulch I know a little bit, but a lot of it is really overgrown. I'm sure I'll just ride the road bike, there is something to be said for being able to ride out my front door and be on some of the best bike roads in all of Snohomish County.

I would really like to ride Bellingham though. The trails I rode last weekend were awesome. 6 laps at race speed was pretty tough, but it was a really fun ride despite the suffering.

No comments: